Thursday, April 12, 2012

APD Senior Officer Jaime Padron Funeral: April 11, 2012

From Chief Kerr to the Austin Fire Department. Photos below, courtesy of the Austin American-Statesman, KXAN, and various citizens.

"I wanted to take a moment to send each of you a personal note from me, telling you how proud you made me today with your selfless service and commitment to honoring APD Officer Jaime Padron, his family and friends, and our brothers and sisters in public safety. I know your actions meant so much to them on one of the most difficult days of their lives.

"So from me, and on behalf of the entire Executive Team, thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing such compassion and care. I know that Chief Acevedo and his officers would do the same for us should we ever suffer such an unspeakable tragedy. We are all members of the public safety family and family takes care of each other.

"Be safe out there and take a moment to hug your loved ones just a little tighter today."

If this video posted on YouTube of the funeral procession from an APD Officer's perspective doesn't restore your faith in humanity, I don't know what would: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvtsFSY84dA&sns=fb