Thursday, December 2, 2010

Kudos to Jill Craig

"Good Morning Dr. Parrish and Chief Dodds,

"I am writing to commend one of your truly exceptional employees, Ms. Jill Craig at the Austin Fire & EMS Wellness Center. Jill has provided outstanding physical fitness assistance to myself and several other National Guard Soldiers who are deployed to Afghanistan.

"Under normal circumstances, I am a Paramedic with the Austin-Travis EMS System and I have been called to active duty deployed to Afghanistan with the Texas Army National Guard. During our pre-deployment training Jill gave freely of her time in helping me develop and maintain a fitness program in preparation for this physically demanding mobilization.

"Even though I am now overseas, Jill has maintained contact via email and has answered fitness related questions for both myself and some of our Soldiers. She was especially helpful in answering questions about training at altitude, as our base is at 7100 feet in a rugged mountainous environment. Her inputs have helped us tailor our fitness program and answer the many questions about training at this altitude.

"It is reassuring to know that there are people such as Jill who go the extra distance to support our employees and Soldiers during a deployment. We are fortunate indeed to have her on the team at the Wellness Center and I very much want you to be aware of this exceptionally dedicated and gifted employee.

"Please give her my best regards, and if you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me."

Many thanks,
Anthony P. Flood
MAJ, IN, TXARNG
Executive Officer, Ghazni ADT