Monday, February 8, 2010

Straight Talk from the City Manager

From City Manager Marc Ott:

"I'd like to announce that my office has scheduled a 10 month long series of 'Straight Talk' sessions with me. These are opportunities for me to be able to talk with you on matters that are important to you as you perform your jobs with the City of Austin. We have scheduled four live Webcast sessions and six onsite workplace visits. This year we added the webcasts as a way for me to reach and talk with a greater number of employees.

"The first session will be a live webcast on Friday, February 12 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. You can access the webcast session from the homepage of CitySpace, the City's intranet Web site. The live webcast session will be interactive, allowing you to submit questions or comments directly through the web site. You can also e-mail your questions in advance to 'Straight Talk' in Outlook, or you can call or text your questions to 512.539.0070. You can leave your question as a voicemail, or you can text it to that number.

"The six onsite workplace visits will focus on field employees within numerous departments. I have informed all department directors of these sessions and have asked that they allow all employees the time to view and or attend the sessions.

"I've attached the flyer which has the complete schedule (http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B2Z8jcI6iHM-ZjJlZGE5MTQtNzg0OS00N2RiLTk2NjktODFkNjQ0NjFkNjJm&hl=en).

"Thank you all for your commitment to the City and I look forward to talking with you."